At a glance, the Nikon D3500 vs Canon T7 may seem similar. But if you take a closer look and examine the two entry-level DSLR cameras side by side, they’re pretty different.
The two are entry-level DSLR cameras that come with exceptional quality and build.
Today, we will put the two to the test in this Nikon D3500 vs Canon T7 review. Keep reading this detailed comparison to find out how the two entry-level DSLR cameras compare against each other!
Cameras For Beginners: Nikon D3500 vs Canon T7 Comparison
Both the Nikon D3500 and Canon T7 are making a lot of waves on the internet for being a beginner-friendly camera.
They both come from reputable camera manufacturers: Nikon and Canon! For many years, they’ve manufactured some of the best performing cameras whether it’s for a beginner or a professional level.
- 24.2 MP APS-C Sensor CMOS
- 5 FPS continuous shooting rate
- ISO 100 – 25600
- Full HD – 1080p at 60/50/30/25/24p
- Built-in flash
- 3″ Fixed Type Screen
- Optical (pentamirror) viewfinder
If you want a camera you can grab and go, the Nikon D3500 comes first in our mind.
It’s durable and lightweight, even with the lens attached! It’s so easy to use, even beginners can work around this camera with ease.
And once you’re done capturing all your photos, you can immediately share and transfer your photos to your phone! Just download the dedicated smartphone app, and keep your friends updated online!
The app can even serve as your remote control. It comes with a ton of features you’d be interested to check out.
- Impressive image stabilization
- Large sensor size
- Faster autofocus system
- Bluetooth connection
- No anti-alias filter and dedicated ISO button
Canon EOS Rebel T7
- 24.1 MP APS-C Sensor CMOS
- 3 FPS continuous shooting
- ISO range 100 – 6400 ( expands to 12800)
- Full HD – 1920 x 1080 video resolution
- Built-in wifi and NFC capability
- 3″ Fixed Type Screen
- Optical (pentamirror) viewfinder
Capturing your subject has never been better, thanks to the Canon EOS Rebel T7. The camera quality produces sharp and vibrant colors that will pop against any background.
Although its autofocus system isn’t as fast as the Nikon’s, it won’t give you a headache.
This is the ideal camera for beginners who want an easy way to capture professional quality images and share them with their friends immediately.
Thanks to its wireless connectivity, image transfer and sharing your creations online will be so easy!
- Has a microphone port
- Impressive wireless connection
- Produces high-quality images
- Comes with creative features and options
- Image stabilization could be improved and comes with a smaller sensor area
Nikon D3500 vs Canon EOS T7: An In-Depth Comparison
We all know that both Nikon D3500 and Canon T7 are ideal for beginners, thanks to their semi-professional features and more.
While the two may be considered alike, there’s still a great deal of difference between them. We’ve examined the two, to check which camera stood out more than the other.
When it comes to choosing your gadgets, battery life is always an important factor. As much as possible, it should last you how many hours or a few good days!
On average, both the DSLR cameras feature a great battery life. But between the two, we find that the Nikon D3500 provides better battery power.
- For an entry-level camera, the Nikon D3500 sports an impressive battery life. It has a longer battery life and can take up to 1,500 shots! You can go out for a wildlife photography session, and take as many awesome photos as you want.
- Nevertheless, this doesn’t mean the Canon T7 isn’t outstanding. You can get up to 500 shots, which is more than enough for average use.
Modern-day cameras now come with impressive connectivity features. You can connect your camera to your phone and computer, in an instant!
So if you’re someone who enjoys sharing photos and videos to the virtual world instantly, then the two cameras do a great job!
But between the two, the Canon T7 takes the cake for connectivity.
- The Canon T7 is WiFi and NFC capable, giving you a great option to choose from. This is especially true if you download its dedicated app, which can make your life a whole lot easier.
- Now, the Nikon D3500 also has its fair share of impressive connectivity features. You can connect your camera via Bluetooth, and have a fast transfer in the future! Unfortunately, this camera doesn’t have any WiFi connection, which can be off-putting for some.
For many years, people have always been impressed with the design of Nikon and Canon DSLR cameras. They all sport its signature mark, which is well-loved even until today.
Regardless of the camera you choose, you can guarantee that the camera’s designs always help in making sure the user enjoys their time.
- We extremely love how the Nikon D3500 is a portable and compact camera. It’s relatively lightweight, so you can pack and go! If you’re someone who’s always in the rush to capture stellar images, best believe the D3500 won’t disappoint.
- On the other hand, the Canon T7 sports the same compact size. However, in terms of weight, this DSLR camera is slightly heavier. Nevertheless, it won’t stop you from capturing great images.
Image & Video Quality
It’s the moment you’ve waited for. How is the image and video quality of the two DSLR cameras? To give you an idea, they look exceptionally well.
What more can you expect from the two cameras hailing from a reputable and reliable manufacturer? Let’s delve into the specifics of the two.
The Nikon D3500 and Canon T7 share the same 24 MP APS-CMOS sensor, which produces better image quality.
Whether you’re shooting near or far, doing some portrait or landscape photography, you can expect exceptional quality.
- We did notice that the Nikon D3500 has better picture quality, thanks to its larger sensors than the T7. Even under low light conditions, the images look well.
- As for the Canon T7, it doesn’t sport the same large sensors as the Nikon. Capturing images or videos under low light won’t be as great. Nevertheless, the lack of a larger sensor is made up of the AA filter of the Canon T7.
Overall, both perform well. They lack a bit of a dynamic range, but it isn’t a deal-breaker for us. And in terms of sensor comparison, both sport the same 24 MP.
Set at 1080 full HD, you’ll have a lot of fun with the video recording features of the two cameras. But between the two, the Nikon D3500 outperforms the Canon T7.
- Because the Nikon D3500 features an up to 60 fps recording, there’s less movement on the video. Your video captures will be a lot more stable, which is pretty important if you want to create commercial quality content. Plus, you have more control!
- On the other hand, the Canon T7 only allows up to 30 fps on video. To be honest, you’ll hardly notice that there’s a lot of “noise” or instability going on with the Canon T7.
But to an untrained eye, the difference is hardly noticeable.
On average, the video quality of the two is relatively good. While it might not be as spectacular as other high-end models, it’s nevertheless more than enough for you to capture and share great moments.
Plus, if you’re just starting and learning the ins and outs of a DSLR, the two will be a great choice.
When it comes to good cameras, we always pay close attention to how well the LCD screen performs. The sharper images it produces on screen, the better!
Ideally, we want to make sure the screen reflects the actual quality of our shots.
Both the Nikon D3500 and Canon T7 sport a 3-inch LCD screen. However, we were a bit disappointed that both don’t sport a touchscreen LCD, nor a tilt-swivel screen.
But for the price, it isn’t an issue for us anymore. After all, the LCD screen is more than enough to satisfy our visual needs.
Again, for its price, there isn’t much we can complain about when it comes to the performance of both cameras.
Both perform relatively well, and at impressive speeds. Between the two, we find that the Nikon D3500 performs better.
- With a 5.0 FPS continuous shooting, you can capture even moving objects. If you’re into street photography and taking shots of live subjects, you’ll have a lot of fun with the Nikon D3500.
- The Canon T7 works just as well, though it doesn’t perform at the same speed as the Nikon D3500. With a 3.0 FPS, you can still pretty much capture a moving subject even with the Canon T7.
But one thing’s for sure, both cameras aren’t well equipped when it comes to doing sports photography. Their subject tracking capability isn’t as spectacular as high-end models.
Is it a deal-breaker? Well, not really! If you’re just a beginner getting around the idea of using a DSLR camera, the two will provide more than enough speed and performance!
Besides the features of the two impressive cameras, we’re sure you’re also wondering about their price. Is it worth it? And is it affordable as people say?
Like what we’ve mentioned over and over again in this article, both the Nikon D3500 and Canon T7 are so affordable! They come at a great price point, perfect for beginners.
The price of the two are about miles apart from other high-end cameras. Nevertheless, quality-wise, you can expect a lot!
The two are pretty much a sweet deal in the entry-level market. You don’t have to burn your pockets just to achieve professional-quality pictures and videos.
If you’re pressed for a budget and want a workable camera, this affordable Canon and Nikon camera can get the job done.
Nikon D3500 Notable Standout Features: Why It Ranks Better than the Canon T7
If we’re being honest, we find the Nikon D3500 to be better than the Canon T7. Both come in the same price range, but the Nikon D3500 has some standout features worth mentioning before we end.
We’ve summed up all the good stuff we don’t want you to miss on the Nikon D3500, to make your choice a lot easier.
- Battery: 1,550 shots
- Continuous shooting: 5.0 FPS
- Focus points: 11
- ISO: native sensitivity range up to 25.600
- Optical viewfinder magnification: 0.56x
Nevertheless, choosing the Canon T7 won’t be a bad idea. For an entry-level DSLR, it does a stellar job. The difference between the two is so minute and little, it’s hardly a deal-breaker.
Rest assured, you’ll have a ton of fun using these two!
Looking for budget-friendly and entry-level DSLRs may seem like an impossible task.
But with the Nikon D3500 and the Canon EOS Rebel T7, you don’t have to look far and hard for the best entry-level DSLR. Both come with exceptional quality, at an affordable price point! You won’t regret choosing them.
We hope you enjoyed this Nikon D3500 vs Canon T7 article. Don’t forget to give it a like, and share it with your friends and family! They’ll sure have a blast taking outstanding photos and videos with these two.