The D750 has long been one of Nikon’s most popular DSLRs, and it’s an ideal choice for photographers looking for an affordable full-frame camera that provides bulletproof reliability. To maximize the capabilities of your D750, you’ll want to pair your camera with some of the better lenses that are available.
With so many different lenses available, it can be difficult to narrow the field and select the best lens for Nikon D750. Today, we’re going to take a closer look at the best lenses for a variety of different situations so you can find the best lens for Nikon D750.
Here are my top 5 Lenses For Nikon D750 Full-Frame DSLR in 2023
Without further ado, here’s our list of the best lenses for the D750, broken down by category.
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR – The Best Lens for Nikon D750
Focal Length: 24-70mm
Weight: 1070 g (37.7 oz.)
Size (Diameter x Length): 88 x 154.5 mm (3.5 x 6.1 in)
Filter Diameter: 82mm
Minimum Focus Distance: 0.38 m (1.25 ft)
Image Stabilization: Yes
Why buy the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR?
- Masterful in low light situations
- Unmatched sharpness and contrast
- Nano Crystal Coating to combat ghosting and flares
- Versatile zoom range suitable for numerous photography styles
- The must-have lens for Nikon D750 users
Introducing the epitome of a versatile lens, the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR, is the perfect lens. Whether you’re capturing landscapes, portraits, weddings, or events, this lens doesn’t flinch.
It’s more than just a lens – it’s your creative partner that’s equipped with a range of exceptional features and performance that’ll make you feel like a photography wizard!
Nikon’s NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR is cherished by photographers because it’s exceptional in every regard. With its superb low-light capabilities, courtesy of the fast f/2.8 constant aperture, this lens is the king of critical shots, it’s an excellent lens.
Picture yourself capturing the most majestic landscapes, the most memorable moments at a wedding, or even intimate portraits. And guess what? You can do it all without switching lenses.
No other lens matches its prowess in adaptability.
Seeing your photos with tack sharpness, and stunning contrast will drive you to push your creative boundaries. Plus, the Nano Crystal Coating ensures that lens flare and ghosting are never an issue. This lens just gets it right!
What do I love about the Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR?
- Excellence in low light: The f/2.8 constant aperture means you’re never fumbling in low light. Whether it’s indoor events or sunsets, this lens nails it.
- Versatility at its finest: With a 24-70mm zoom range, it’s practically tailor-made for everything – landscapes, portraits, events, you name it!
- Built like a tank: Weather-sealing means that rain or dust isn’t stopping you. This lens is your all-weather ally in photography.
What don’t I love about the Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR?
- It’s an investment: This lens doesn’t come cheap, but for what it offers, it’s worth every penny. This is professional gear, so be prepared to part with a considerable amount of cash.
- On the heavy side: It’s built to last which means it’s not the lightest lens around. But, that’s the tradeoff for unrivaled optical performance and build quality.
Who is it for?
If you’re seeking a lens that can tackle a multitude of photographic scenarios with your Nikon D750, this is it. The Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR is an excellent choice. It’s ideal for landscape photography, portrait, wedding, and event photographers who require excellent image quality and versatility. If you are a professional or an enthusiast looking to up your game, this lens is an investment that will pay off in remarkable images.
If you need something more specialized or budget-friendly, keep reading. But, if you desire the crème de la crème of standard zoom lenses for your Nikon D750, this is the lens to get.
Best Lenses for Portraits, Weddings & Events
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G ED – The Prime Lens for Video
Focal Length: 35mm
Weight: 305 g (10.7 oz.)
Size (Diameter x Length): 72 x 71.5 mm (2.8 x 2.7 in)
Filter Diameter: 58 mm
Minimum Focus Distance: 0.25 m (0.82 ft)
Why buy the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G ED?
- Stellar sharpness, even in low light
- The go-to lens for astounding bokeh
- Compact and Lightweight – Your camera’s new best friend
- Exceptional color and contrast
- Perfect for portraits, landscapes, and more at an affordable price
Introducing the prime lens that’s about to revolutionize your photography: The Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G ED.
Think of it as the gem in a photographer’s treasure chest. This lens doesn’t just capture images; it weaves visual tales with striking detail, vibrant colors, and ethereal bokeh. The large f/1.8 aperture is a golden ticket to shooting in low light without sacrificing quality.
The AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G ED is not just a lens; it’s your creative muse. Whether you’re capturing portraits that reveal souls, landscapes that stretch beyond horizons, or food so scrumptious that viewers can taste it, this lens is your ultimate ally.
Imagine, the sun setting over a lake, the sky draped in hues of pink and gold. With this lens, every ripple, reflection, and ray of light is etched in brilliant detail. Then switch to a dim-lit room, capturing emotions and expressions with a soft, creamy background blur that only a 35mm f/1.8 can achieve.
What’s more? This lens is compact and light – like a silent companion that’s always there, never weighing you down.
What do I love about the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G ED
- Shoot like a pro in low light: The f/1.8 aperture is not just large; it’s colossal. It allows an abundance of light, and that means stunningly sharp and vibrant images even in low-light conditions.
- Bokeh that takes your breath away: Want that smooth, buttery background blur that makes subjects pop? That’s bokeh, and this lens has it in spades.
- Travel-friendly: It’s compact, it’s lightweight, and it’s exceptional. This lens won’t just be in your bag; it will be on your camera.
What don’t I love about the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G ED
- Pricey for beginners: Quality comes at a cost. It might be a tad expensive if you’re just starting, but for the quality and versatility, it’s an investment that pays dividends in stunning images.
Who is it for?
If you’re a photographer seeking the absolute in sharpness, contrast, and creativity, this is your lens. Perfect for portraits that convey stories, landscapes that breathe life, or any genre that demands a combination of precision and artistry.
Need a budget option? Keep reading. But if it’s excellence you’re chasing with every shutter click, make the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G ED your weapon of choice.
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm F1.4G – The Ultimate Prime Lens for Nikon D750
Focal Length: 50mm
Weight: 280 g (9.9 oz.)
Size (Diameter x Length): 73.5 x 54 mm (2.9 x 2.1 in)
Filter Diameter: 58 mm
Minimum Focus Distance: 0.45 m (1.48 ft)
Why buy the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm F1.4G?
- Prime lens for razor-sharp imagery
- Exceptional low-light performance
- Beautiful bokeh for stunning portraits
- Silent Wave Motor for silent autofocusing
- Lightweight and compact design perfect for on-the-go
- A darling among professionals and enthusiasts
Introducing the crème de la crème of prime lenses for your Nikon D750: The Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm F1.4G.
It’s more than a lens – it’s a key to unlock your creativity, offering sharpness, bokeh, and low-light capabilities that are out of this world. The 50mm focal length range makes it versatile – perfect for portraits, landscapes, and everything in between.
The f/1.4 aperture is a low-light beast. It eats up light for breakfast! Night-time cityscapes, romantic candlelit dinners, or shooting the stars? This lens has you covered.
This NIKKOR’s Silent Wave Motor is a game-changer – it’s like having a ninja for an autofocus system. Stealthy, fast, and precise.
And let’s talk about that bokeh! The shallow depth of field with the wide aperture creates the creamiest blur, making your subjects pop!
What do I love about the NIKKOR 50mm F1.4G
- Portability meets performance: Its compact design and light weight make it the ultimate travel companion. Don’t let the size fool you; it’s packed with features that rival lenses twice its size.
- Bokehlicious: Portraits take on a magical quality with the stunning bokeh this lens offers. The f/1.4 aperture provides that creamy background blur that is just pure art.
- Silent but deadly: The Silent Wave Motor means you can be in the moment, capturing candid shots without being that annoying photographer with the noisy camera.
What don’t I love about the NIKKOR 50mm F1.4G
- It’s not cheap: This baby is a high-quality piece of glass and it has a price tag to match. But, for the quality and performance, it’s a sound investment.
- No zoom: Being a prime lens, there’s no zoom. But, the image quality and low light performance more than make up for it.
Who is it for?
If you’re looking for the ultimate prime lens to unleash your creative potential with your Nikon D750, this is it. It’s particularly suited for portrait photographers craving that creamy bokeh, or low-light shooters needing that extra aperture width.
If you are into travel photography, its compact size is a big plus.
For those who prioritize image quality and performance over a range of focal lengths, the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm F1.4G is a must-have in your camera bag.
If you’re looking to save a few bucks but still want to get stunning photos with your Nikon D750, keep reading. If you’re aiming to elevate your photography to art, get this NIKKOR.
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G – The Portrait Lens for Nikon D750
Focal Length: 85mm
Weight: 350 g (12.4 oz.)
Size (Diameter x Length): 80 x 73 mm (3.1 x 2.9 in)
Filter Diameter: 67 mm
Minimum Focus Distance: 0.8 m (2.62 ft)
Why buy the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G?
- Ideal focal length for portrait photography
- Razor-sharp imagery with dreamy bokeh
- Exceptionally lightweight and portable
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC) for stunning colors
- Silent Wave Motor for quiet autofocusing
- Perfect for portraits, weddings, and low-light photography
Introducing the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G, the maestro of portrait lenses. This lens is sheer poetry in optics – an absolute must-have for portrait photographers.
This gem is not just a lens; it’s an artist’s brush for your Nikon D750. With a magnificent f/1.8 aperture, it’s a bokeh powerhouse that will make your portraits pop like never before.
What sets the NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G apart is the sheer quality of its images. It’s tack sharp, and the color rendition is simply unmatched, thanks to Nikon’s Super Integrated Coating (SIC) which ensures that colors stay vibrant and true-to-life.
Imagine capturing the most intimate moments at a wedding, or creating stunning headshots that are sure to turn heads. This lens brings your creative vision to life with unmatched clarity and detail.
And when the lights go down, this lens shines. Its wide aperture ensures excellent performance in low-light settings. It’s like a night owl; the darker it gets, the more it comes alive.
What do I love about the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G?
- Silent partner in crime: The Silent Wave Motor (SWM) means autofocusing is whisper-quiet. Perfect for moments where discretion is key.
- Featherlight companion: At just 350g, this lens is incredibly lightweight. It won’t weigh you down even in the longest photo shoots.
- Bokehlicious images: With its wide f/1.8 aperture, you can create portraits with deliciously blurred backgrounds that keep your subjects in sharp focus.
What don’t I love about the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G?
- Limited versatility: This lens is perfect for what it does, but it’s not a jack-of-all-trades. You won’t be using this for wide landscape shots.
- No Vibration Reduction (VR): Handheld shots might need a steady hand as this lens doesn’t have VR.
Who is it for?
If you’re a portrait photographer, wedding photographer, or someone who loves to capture intimate moments with dreamy backgrounds, the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G is the ideal lens for you. It’s not designed for every situation, but for portraits and low-light photography, it’s the king in its domain.
If you’re looking for a versatile all-rounder, this might not be for you. But if you want to create art that captures hearts, this is the lens to get.
Best Lenses for Travel & Landscape Photography
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm F2.8G ED – The Best Wide-Angle Zoom Lens for Nikon D750
Focal Length: 14-24 mm
Weight: 1000 g (35.3 oz.)
Size (Diameter x Length): 98 x 131.5 mm (3.9 x 5.2 in)
Filter Diameter: N/A
Minimum Focus Distance: 0.28 m (0.92 ft)
Why buy the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm F2.8G ED?
- Astounding sharpness and clarity
- Built for professionals with tough, weather-sealed construction
- Ultra-wide-angle and fast f/2.8 aperture
- Creamy bokeh for your dreamy shots
- Legendary lens among Nikon users
Introducing the crème de la crème of ultra-wide-angle lenses for your Nikon D750: The Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm F2.8G ED.
This lens isn’t just an ordinary piece of glass, it’s the doorway to photographic nirvana. The sharpness is out-of-this-world, and it’s built like a tank to handle everything you throw at it. The ultra-wide-angle captures majestic landscapes, tight interiors, and group shots with ease.
A true workhorse among professional photographers, this lens breathes life into your images. The wide focal range allows you to go from dramatic ultra-wide shots to a more standard wide-angle, all while maintaining incredible detail and contrast.
Picture this: You’re capturing the Milky Way, the aperture at a dazzling f/2.8 lets in an ocean of light, and you achieve images that are practically postcard-perfect.
Then, at the crack of dawn, you switch to architecture photography, capturing towering buildings and historical landmarks with intricate precision.
What do I love about the Nikon 14-24mm F/2.8G ED?
- Build and Image Quality Par Excellence: The construction is robust with weather-sealing to protect against the elements. The sharpness, even wide open at f/2.8, is exceptional. Distortion is controlled beautifully, making it a favorite among architecture photographers.
- Sublime Night Sky Shots: The fast f/2.8 aperture coupled with the wide angle makes this a dream lens for astrophotographers. Stars appear as pinpricks of light, and the Milky Way shines like never before.
- Flexible and Versatile: It’s not just for landscapes or astrophotography. The creamy bokeh at f/2.8 is ideal for portraits with an environmental twist, and the lens performs exceptionally well for events and indoor photography.
What don’t I love about the Nikon 14-24mm F/2.8G ED?
- Pricey Investment: This lens is for those who are serious about their craft, and it comes with a hefty price tag. If you’re a professional or a very enthusiastic hobbyist, it’s worth every penny.
- Lack of Filter Threads: The bulbous front element means there’s no thread for screw-in filters. You’ll need a special holder and large filters, which can be an additional investment.
Who is it for?
If you’re a landscape, architecture, or astrophotography enthusiast, this lens is your ticket to excellence. If you’re a professional looking for the best ultra-wide-angle lens for the Nikon D750, this is an unbeatable option. For hobbyists with a passion for capturing breathtaking landscapes and starry skies, this lens is an investment in fulfilling your photographic dreams.
If you’re on a tight budget, there are other options, but if you’re looking for the ultimate in ultra-wide performance and quality, look no further than the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm F2.8G ED.
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED – The Best Wide-Angle Prime Lens for Nikon D750
Focal Length: 20 mm
Weight: 355 g (12.5 oz.)
Size (Diameter x Length): 82.5 x 80.5 mm (3.3 x 3.2 in)
Filter Diameter: 77 mm
Minimum Focus Distance: 0.20 m (0.66 ft)
Why buy the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED?
- Ultra-wide field of view
- Exceptional sharpness and clarity
- Fast and accurate autofocus
- Amazing performance in low light
- Perfect for capturing landscapes, architecture, and interiors
Introducing the marvel of wide-angle photography: The Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED.
This isn’t just a lens – it’s an optical masterpiece designed to unleash your creativity and capture the world in stunning detail. With an ultra-wide field of view, it opens up new possibilities, from breathtaking landscapes to dramatic architecture and vibrant street scenes.
The NIKKOR 20mm is a treasure trove for photographers. The large f/1.8 aperture ensures stellar low-light performance. It’s like having night vision in your camera kit! From the dusky sunsets to the city lights, everything is captured with impeccable detail.
Imagine standing at the base of towering skyscrapers or in a narrow street – this lens can capture it all without having to take a single step back.
The sharpness and clarity are out of this world. You can practically feel the textures leap out of the images. The combination of the fast and accurate autofocus with the ED glass elements keeps distortions and aberrations at bay. Flare? Ghosting? A thing of the past!
What do I love about the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED?
- A world without borders: The 20mm focal length range brings a captivating wide field of view, letting you capture sprawling landscapes and architecture in a single frame. Perfect for travel and environmental portraits too.
- Become a night owl: The fast f/1.8 aperture is a savior in low light conditions, making it a go-to lens for nightscapes, astrophotography, and events.
- Incredibly light and compact: Being a prime lens, it’s lightweight and easily portable. It’s like carrying a pocket-sized superpower. Excellent for photographers on the move.
What don’t I love about the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED?
- Distortion at close range: It’s not deal-breaking, but some barrel distortion is noticeable when shooting up close. Luckily, it’s easily fixable in post-processing.
- Price tag: It’s a premium lens, and while it’s worth every penny, it can make a dent in your wallet. It’s an investment for serious photographers.
Who is it for?
If you’re seeking the ultimate lens for wide-angle photography, look no further than the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED. It’s not just a lens; it’s an invitation to explore a wider world. Ideal for landscape photographers, architecture, and interior photographers. Also a dream for night sky chasers and event photographers who often work in low light.
If you are tight on budget, keep reading. But if you are passionate about capturing the grandeur of the world with mesmerizing details, make the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED your lens of choice.
Best Lenses for Sports & Action
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II – The Best Telephoto Lens for Nikon D750
Focal Length: 70-200 mm
Weight: 1540 g (54.3 oz.)
Size (Diameter x Length): 87 x 205.5 mm (3.4 x 8.1 in)
Filter Diameter: 77 mm
Minimum Focus Distance: 1.4 m (4.6 ft)
Why buy the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II?
- Unmatched sharpness and clarity
- Exceptional bokeh for portraits
- Fast aperture for low-light photography
- Stellar Vibration Reduction
- Built like a tank, yet sleek design
- The lens of choice for professionals
Welcome to the epitome of photography excellence: The Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II. This lens is not just any lens – it’s your ticket to unimaginable levels of optical prowess and creative freedom.
Whether you’re shooting wildlife, capturing stunning portraits, or immortalizing moments at a wedding, this lens delivers. It combines exceptional sharpness, a fast aperture, and gorgeous bokeh, making it a must-have in any photographer’s arsenal.
With this lens, the pictures do more than just speak a thousand words – they sing, dance, and transport you into the scene. The NIKKOR 70-200mm’s fast f/2.8 aperture is perfect for low-light conditions and creating an enchanting background blur that makes your subject pop.
And guess what? You can kiss camera shake goodbye. The VR II (Vibration Reduction) ensures sharp, steady shots even when the action gets intense.
What do I love about the Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G?
- Exceptional Quality & Durability: This lens is crafted from the finest materials. Its rugged construction ensures that it can take a beating and still perform like a champion. This is a lens that won’t let you down.
- Bokeh Heaven: Are you a portrait photographer? The 70-200mm f/2.8 delivers an exquisite bokeh that flatters your subject and adds a professional quality to your photos.
- Uncompromised Performance: The autofocus is insanely quick, accurate, and silent, thanks to the Silent Wave Motor (SWM). The Vibration Reduction lets you shoot at slower shutter speeds without the fear of blur. It’s like wielding a superhero’s tool!
What don’t I love about the Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G?
- It’s Heavy: While it’s built like a tank, it also feels like one. If you’re shooting for long hours, this might be a consideration.
- Pricey: Quality doesn’t come cheap. This lens is an investment. But for the quality and performance, it’s a no-brainer for the serious photographer.
Who is it for?
This lens is for the discerning photographer who refuses to compromise on quality. It’s perfect for portraits, weddings, wildlife, and sports photography. If you’re an amateur looking to go pro, or a pro who demands only the best, the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II is for you.
If budget is a constraint, there are alternatives. But if you seek the pinnacle of photographic excellence, look no further.
AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4E FL ED VR – The Ultimate Telephoto Lens for Nikon D750
Focal Length: 600mm
Weight: 3810 g (134.5 oz.)
Size (Diameter x Length): 166 x 432 mm (6.5 x 17.0 in)
Filter Diameter: 40.5mm drop-in
Minimum Focus Distance: 4.4 m (14.4 ft)
Why buy the AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4E FL ED VR?
- Unparalleled sharpness and clarity
- Stellar performance in low light
- Intuitive controls for efficient shooting
- Robust build quality with weather-sealing
- Supreme VR performance for unshaken images
Introducing the zenith of telephoto lenses, the AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4E FL ED VR. It’s not just a lens; it’s an epitome of optical engineering designed to elevate your photography to unimaginable heights.
This lens is everything an avid photographer could dream of. With its immense focal length range, extraordinary clarity, and incomparable low-light performance, the AF-S NIKKOR 600mm is in a league of its own.
The magic of this lens lies in its optics. The combination of two fluorite elements, four extra-low dispersion elements, and Nano Crystal Coating ensures tack-sharp images with negligible chromatic aberration and flare.
And let’s talk about its VR capabilities. The vibration reduction is so impressive it almost defies the laws of physics! This lens enables you to shoot handheld at 600mm and still deliver impeccably sharp images.
What do I love about the AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4E FL ED VR?
- Shoot like a maestro: With 600mm focal length range, capturing distant subjects with lifelike detail becomes a reality. The world is your stage, and this lens is your instrument to orchestrate breathtaking masterpieces.
- Unwavering performance in low light: Its f/4 maximum aperture ensures that you can continue shooting even as the sun goes down. This lens gathers light like no other, ensuring that your shots are always well-exposed and vivid.
- Built like a tank, performs like a ballet dancer: The robust build ensures that it can handle whatever you throw at it. The lens is weather-sealed and can endure the harshest of conditions, while still delivering grace and precision in its performance.
- Focus that obeys your every command: The autofocus is whisper-quiet and blazingly fast. Its focus presets and customizable buttons mean that you’re always in control.
What don’t I love about the AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4E FL ED VR?
- The price tag is hefty: This lens is an investment. With a price hovering around $12,000, it’s not for the faint of heart. However, if you’re serious about your photography, this lens is worth every penny.
- Weight: At 3810 grams, this lens is heavy. You’ll need a sturdy tripod or monopod for prolonged shooting sessions.
Who is it for?
This lens is ideal for professionals and serious enthusiasts who won’t settle for anything less than the best. It’s particularly suitable for wildlife, sports, and bird photography, where the ability to get up close and personal with distant subjects is crucial. If you’re looking to immortalize moments with unmatched clarity and detail, the AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4E FL ED VR is your ultimate companion.
Best Lenses for Nature & Wildlife
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II – The Best Zoom Lens for Nikon D750
Focal Length: 200-400 mm
Weight: 3,360 g (7.4 lbs)
Size (Diameter x Length): 124 x 365 mm (4.9 x 14.4 in)
Filter Diameter: 52 mm
Minimum Focus Distance: 2.0 m (6.6 ft)
Why buy the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II?
- Master of the wild – Capture wildlife like never before
- Razor-sharp even at 400mm
- Incredible Vibration Reduction (VR) for shake-free shots
- Versatility in a barrel – From sports to wildlife
- Be a part of the Nikon legends
Introducing the apex predator of zoom lenses – the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II. This is not just a lens; it’s a piece of optical wizardry that puts distant worlds within your reach.
The 200-400mm range is perfect for capturing the untamed beauty of wildlife or the adrenaline-pumping action in sports. And with Nikon’s state-of-the-art VR II technology, you’ll get tack sharp images even at full zoom.
Why is this lens so cherished among photographers? It’s because it’s downright phenomenal. With this lens, you’re not just taking pictures; you’re capturing moments and emotions. Whether you’re on a safari, or at the Olympics, this lens is your passport to jaw-dropping imagery.
Picture this: A majestic lion on the prowl, every muscle rippling under its fur. With the Nikon 200-400mm, you can feel the tension in the air as if you were right there.
What do I love about the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II?
Reach out and touch the world: The zoom range is impeccable. From 200mm to 400mm, this lens is all about bringing distant subjects up close and personal.
Sharper than Occam’s razor: The sharpness is mind-blowing across the entire zoom range. Even wide open at f/4, it’s as sharp as a tack.
Rock Steady: The VR II system is pure magic. Handhold this behemoth, and your shots will be free from the tyranny of camera shake.
Built like a Tank: It’s robust, weather-sealed, and ready for any adventure.
What don’t I love about the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II?
Get ready to build muscles: It’s heavy. With great power comes great weight.
Wallet, meet vacuum: It’s worth every penny, but it’s going to require a hefty investment. This lens is an investment in your craft.
Who is it for?
If you’re a wildlife or sports photographer looking to elevate your craft to the realm of art, this lens is your Excalibur. Its versatility makes it suitable for capturing action, wildlife, and even portraits from a distance. It’s for those who settle for nothing less than legendary.
If you’re looking to save some money, you might want to consider alternatives. But if you’re on a quest for unparalleled excellence, the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II is your lens.
Sigma 150-600mm 5-6.3 Contemporary DG OS HSM Lens – The Best Telephoto Zoom Lens for Nikon D750
Focal Length: 150-600 mm
Weight: 1930 g (68 oz.)
Size (Diameter x Length): 105 x 260.1 mm (4.1 x 10.2 in)
Filter Diameter: 95 mm
Minimum Focus Distance: 2.8 m (9.2 ft)
Why Buy The Sigma 150-600mm?
- Super telephoto range for capturing distant subjects
- Robust build quality for outdoor shoots
- Optical Stabilizer (OS) for sharp images
- Fast and silent HSM autofocus
- Customization with Sigma USB Dock
- Weather-sealing to conquer any environment
Introducing the behemoth in the telephoto lens realm: The Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary DG OS HSM Lens. This is not just a lens, it’s a ticket to a world of ultimate creativity and precision.
This Sigma super-telephoto lens is a beast when it comes to capturing images with detail that you never thought existed. Whether it’s an exotic bird perched on a tree or a candid shot from a distance, this lens has got you covered.
The range is jaw-dropping. With 150-600mm, you have a majestic arsenal of focal lengths. The Optical Stabilizer ensures that even at the maximum zoom, your photos are crisp and free of blur.
Imagine capturing the gleaming eye of an eagle soaring in the sky, or freezing the moment of a distant athlete’s triumph. This is not just photography, it’s poetry in motion!
What’s more, it’s equipped with Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) autofocus which is both lightning fast and whisper silent. This lens is your stealthy sidekick.
What do I love About the Sigma 150-600mm?
Reach Beyond Boundaries: The sheer telephoto range this lens offers is nothing short of phenomenal. Perfect for wildlife, sports, and anything that’s beyond the reach of ordinary lenses. Built to Weather Any Storm: Its sturdy construction is coupled with weather sealing, making it your reliable companion in adverse conditions. Customization Like No Other: The Sigma USB Dock compatibility means you can personalize and tweak settings for optimum performance.
What don’t I Love About the Sigma 150-600mm?
Not a Lightweight: This lens is bulky, and it’s not the most travel-friendly option. Needs a Hefty Investment: This quality doesn’t come cheap. The Sigma 150-600mm will set you back a significant amount, but for the features and performance, it’s an investment worth making.
Who Is It For?
If you are an ardent wildlife photographer, a sports enthusiast or someone who dares to capture the unfathomable depth and details of subjects from afar, this is the lens you’ve been dreaming of. Its versatility and performance in outdoor conditions make it perfect for bird photography, sports events, and even astrophotography.
If you’re willing to overlook the weight and are ready to invest in a lens that’s going to redefine the boundaries of your creativity, the Sigma 150-600mm is the one for you.
For the budget-conscious, there are alternatives, but if you seek to wield the power of super-telephoto in its prime form, look no further than the Sigma 150-600mm 5-6.3 Contemporary DG OS HSM Lens.
Nikon AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED – Best Budget Telephoto Lens for Nikon D750
Focal Length: 70-300mm
Weight: 745 g (26.3 oz.)
Size (Diameter x Length): 80 x 143.5 mm (3.1 x 5.6 in)
Filter Diameter: 67 mm
Minimum Focus Distance: 1.5 m (4.9 ft)
Why buy the Nikon AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED?
- Incredible zoom range for capturing everything from portraits to wildlife
- Vibration Reduction (VR) to ensure crisp shots even at max zoom
- Silent Wave Motor for quick and silent autofocus
- Versatile and durable, perfect for travelers and outdoor enthusiasts
- Popular among Nikon users – join the community of Nikkor lens lovers
Introducing the telephoto maestro, the Nikon AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED.
This lens is not just a lens – it’s your passport to capturing the world in splendid detail. Whether you are shooting portraits, wildlife, or sports, this lens has you covered with its impressive zoom range.
One of the reasons why this lens is so adored is due to its flexibility. It’s like having multiple lenses in one, which is perfect for those who like to travel light or quickly switch between different types of shots.
Imagine capturing the eagles soaring in the sky, snapping a close-up of a shy deer in the woods, and then taking stunning portraits of your loved ones, all without changing your lens.
What do I love about the Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED?
- Go the Distance Without the Shake: With Vibration Reduction (VR) technology, you can shoot at slower shutter speeds without worrying about camera shake. This is especially handy when you’re zoomed in to capture those far-off subjects.
- Quiet and Quick to Focus: The built-in Silent Wave Motor ensures that autofocus is both rapid and whisper-quiet, which is crucial when you’re trying to capture wildlife or not disrupt a peaceful scene.
- Built for the Great Outdoors: Its durable build quality means it can handle the rigors of travel and outdoor photography.
What don’t I love about the Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED?
- It’s not the lightest: Although versatile, it’s not the lightest lens out there. But for the range it offers, it’s a compromise many are willing to make.
- Can be pricey: With great power comes a somewhat hefty price tag. But for what it offers, many find it to be a valuable investment.
Who is it for?
If you are looking for a versatile lens that can handle everything from portraits to wildlife photography, then this is the lens for you. Especially suited for outdoor enthusiasts, travelers, and wildlife photographers due to its reach and durability.
If you need a lens that can do it all, and do it well, the Nikon AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED is the telephoto maestro you need in your camera bag.
Best Lenses for Macro & Close-Up
Nikon AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm F2.8G ED – The Best Macro Lens for the Nikon D750
Focal Length: 60 mm
Weight: 425 g (15 oz.)
Size (Diameter x Length): 73 x 89 mm (2.9 x 3.5 in)
Filter Diameter: 62 mm
Minimum Focus Distance: 0.185 m (0.6 ft)
Why buy the Nikon AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm F2.8G ED?
- Unmatched sharpness and clarity
- Highly versatile for multiple photography styles
- Near-silent autofocus with exceptional precision
- Minimum distortion and chromatic aberrations
- Perfect for close-up shots and portraits
Introducing the crème de la crème, the pièce de résistance of Nikon lenses: The AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm F2.8G ED.
This lens is far more than just a piece of glass – it’s a gateway to photographic excellence. With its ultra-sharp optics and high-performance autofocus, this lens offers more versatility and precision than any other lens in its category.
The reason this Nikon lens is an absolute must-have is due to its stellar performance. Whether it’s portraits, macro photography, or even landscape shots, this lens delivers exceptional results. Its impeccable sharpness and clarity make your images pop and come alive.
Imagine capturing the delicate texture of a butterfly’s wings, the gleaming eyes of your portrait subject, or the intricate details of a blooming flower. And then picture all of this with colors so vibrant and details so sharp, it’s almost surreal.
What do I love about the Nikon AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm F2.8G ED?
- Shoot like a pro without the strain: The compact design and lightweight construction make this lens incredibly easy to handle. It’s perfect for those long photo sessions where every ounce counts.
- Unbeatable precision and clarity: With its ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) glass elements, this lens ensures minimal chromatic aberration and maximum resolution. The Nano Crystal Coat further reduces ghosting and flare for crystal clear images.
- Quiet yet fast autofocus: The Silent Wave Motor (SWM) ensures super-fast and quiet autofocus. Perfect for capturing those fleeting moments without scaring away your subject or drawing unnecessary attention.
What don’t I love about the Nikon AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm F2.8G ED?
- It’s an investment: While worth every penny for the quality it delivers, this lens is not exactly budget-friendly. It’s a high-quality piece of gear that comes with a price tag to match.
- Lack of VR (Vibration Reduction): The lens lacks Vibration Reduction, which could have made handheld shooting even better, especially in low light.
Who is it for?
If you’re looking for top-notch sharpness, precision, and versatility, the Nikon AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm F2.8G ED is the lens you need. It’s particularly well-suited for macro photography and portraits due to its excellent close focusing capabilities and flattering focal length.
For photographers aiming to elevate their craft to the highest levels, this lens is an unbeatable choice. If budget is a constraint, you might want to look for alternatives. But if you’re all about capturing the world in its stunning detail, this lens is worth every cent.
Nikon D750 Lens Buying Guide
We’ve just covered some of the finest lenses for your Nikon D750 camera. But, just because a lens is great, it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s great for the type of photos you take. In this section, we’ll help you decide on which type of lens is ideal for your photography.
Different Lens Types Explained
With so many different lens types available, it can be difficult to keep track of the differences between them. Here’s what you need to know about the different types of lenses available for your Nikon DSLR D750.
Nikon DX lens vs. Nikon FX Lens
When you see the terms DX or FX on a lens, this refers to the sensor size of your camera. FX cameras feature an image sensor that’s approximately 36mm x 24mm, which is known as full-frame format. DX cameras have an image sensor that’s 24mm x 16mm.
These lenses can be used interchangeably. But, they are each optimized for their own formats. An FX lens on a DX camera will magnify your image by about 1.5X. A DX lens on an FX camera will automatically crop your images to match the sensor size of your camera.
Prime Lens vs. Zoom Lens
Prime lenses have a fixed focal length, which means that the focal length of the lens is also the perspective. You’ll need to move in or out to decrease or increase the perspective of your shot. With zoom lenses, the perspective can be adjusted according to the range of zoom.
Wide Angle Lenses
Wide-angle lenses provide a much greater depth of field than other types of lenses. With wide-angle lenses, the lower the focal length number, the more you’ll be able to fit into the frame. These lenses are usually very versatile, lightweight, and affordable.
This lens type tends to distort portions of an image (especially faces), and that will need to be fixed in post-processing.
Standard lenses exist in the space between wide-angle and telephoto lenses. These lenses feature a depth of field that’s roughly the same as the human eye, so photos captured with a standard lens tend to feel and look “normal”.
These lenses are ideal for many types of photography, including portraits, street photography, and landscapes.
Telephoto lenses are designed for photographing subjects at far distances, which makes them ideal for sports, wildlife, or astronomy photography. Telephoto lenses can be fixed or zoomed. These lenses provide a narrow depth of field which allows you to photograph your subject in stark relief of the background.
Telephoto lenses are usually the territory of advanced photographers because they’re prohibitively expensive, so most beginner and novice photographers steer clear of them.
- The best Nikon short-telephoto lenses
- The best Nikon medium-telephoto lenses
- The best Nikon telephoto lenses
- The best Nikon super-telephoto lenses
The opposite of a telephoto lens, macro lenses are designed for extreme close-ups. These lenses allow you to produce a true 1:1 image of incredibly small subjects or fine details. These lenses are ideal for nature and product photography, or any time you need to capture incredibly fine details.
Frequently Asked Questions About Nikon D750 Lenses
Here are the most common questions other photogs have about lenses for the D750.
Can the D750 Use DX Lenses?
The D750 is an FX camera, but DX lenses are still compatible. You’ll want to access your camera’s Image Area menu and set the camera for “Auto DX Crop” whenever a DX lens is used with your D750. Otherwise, you’ll have to deal with extreme vignetting of your images.
Does the D750 have Vibration Reduction?
Thankfully, the D750 is equipped with Nikon’s VRII vibration-reducing technology. This technology reduces camera shake, especially towards the end of your lens’ zoom range.
Is it Worth Buying a D750 in 2023?
While Nikon has since released many newer DSLR models since the D750 was released in 2014, it’s still one of Nikon’s most popular and full-featured cameras. From beginners to professionals, the D750 remains a favorite of photogs everywhere.
Nikon has been teasing the D760 for years, and this camera released before the end of 2020. That said, the D750 offers professional features and incredible value, so we expect it to maintain its popularity and usefulness for several more years to come.
Each of the lenses we’ve covered makes a fantastic choice as the best lens for Nikon D750, but one lens, in particular, is our top pick as the best lens to buy for Nikon D750, and that’s the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR. This lens offers unparalleled versatility, allowing you to capture beautiful photos of the widest variety of subjects in a multitude of settings.
For photogs looking for a versatile lens that’s a professional quality, the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm is one of the best lenses in the business, and it may be the best fit for you. Or, if you’re in the market for a prime lens, the Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 20mm should be ideal for the way you shoot.