Lenses are a must for both new and veteran photographers. This accessory adds another layer to any photograph. It has the ability to make images more stable, create popping effects, and immortalize moments done in a professional manner.
The great thing about photography in recent years is that there are a variety of options. The wide range of camera accessories gives photographers more power over how their works are produced.
Our Choice for the Best Lenses for Canon Rebel T3i
- Canon EF-S 18-135mm (Best General Photography Lens for Canon Rebel T3i)
- Tamron 16-300mm (Best Alternative Lens for General Photography for Canon Rebel T3i)
- Canon EF 50mm (Best Lens for Portraits, Weddings & Events for Canon Rebel T3i) – OUR CHOICE
- Canon EF 17-40mm (Best Lens for Travel & Landscape for Canon Rebel T3i)
- Canon EF-S 55-250mm (Best Lens for Nature, Wildlife, Sports & Action for Canon Rebel T3i)
- Our Choice for the Best Lenses for Canon Rebel T3i
- Best General Photography Canon Rebel T3i Lenses
- Best Canon Rebel T3i Lenses for Portraits, Weddings & Events
- Best Lenses for Canon Rebel T3i for Travel & Landscape
- Best Lenses for Canon EOS Rebel T3i for Nature, Wildlife, Sports & Action
- Best Lenses for Canon EOS Rebel T3i for Macro & Close-Up
- The Importance of Camera Lenses
- What is The Best Lens for Canon Rebel T3i?
Best General Photography Canon Rebel T3i Lenses
- Canon’s 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 lens is one of the three EF-S 18-135mm IS lenses released by the brand. This lens differs from the other two as it considered as the fastest and the best in performance in the batch. It is also capable of snapping focus between far and near with no noticeable delay.
- The lens comes with a 28.8-216mm equivalent focal length range. This range allows it to cover wide-angle to telephoto perspectives.
- In terms of optical design, the 18-135mm IS USM features a UD element and one aspherical element, as well as a Super Spectra coating to minimize chromatic and spherical aberrations, and ghosting and flaring, respectively.
- Photographers who prefer to incorporate some bokeh into their images would be glad to know that this lens comes with a rounded seven-blade diaphragm. This feature is a handy tool when working with selective focus and techniques involving shallow depth of field.
- This wide-angle to telephoto lens comes with a 35mm equivalent focal length of 25.6-480mm. It also comes with an aperture range from f/3.5-6.3 to f/22-40 across the zoom range.
- The 16-300mm f/3.5-6.3 comes with a lens construction of 16 elements in 12 groups, and high-quality lens coating to reduce the amount of ghosting and flare to come up with sharp images.
- In terms of construction, it was made with moisture-resistant finish.
- The Tamron 16-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD is a macro lens fit for photographers who prefer to use a crop-sensor DSLR camera without changing lens or who wants to have a lens that can go swiftly from wide-angle to telephoto mode but still does not compromise the quality of images.
- The EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM is the second iteration of this model from Canon. It now sports an improved optical lens that comes with four aspherical elements. These elements help in reducing the amount of distortion and spherical aberration.
- The lens also comes with Air Sphere Coating to ensure there are less flaring and ghosting on any photograph.
- The lens is also capable of delivering fast, precise, and quiet autofocus with its ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM).
- The lens is a great upgrade from its predecessor. It is capable of delivering excellent images with reduced distortion. However, it still suffers from loss of sharpness, especially when zoomed.
Best Canon Rebel T3i Lenses for Portraits, Weddings & Events
- The EF 50mm f/1.8 STM lens is a small and affordable lens that does not skimp on performance. Touted as one of the biggest selling lenses from Canon, the EF 50 f/1.8 STM comes with a metal mount, instant manual-focus override, and closer focusing.
- It also comes with a maxim aperture that allows for greater control over depth of field, Super Spectra Coating on its lens for greater contrast and color neutrality, and an STM stepping AF motor for near-silent autofocus.
- This lens is a great pick for those who are into portrait photography, especially those who like to use a Canon DSLR or any APS-C body camera. While using these cameras, the lens was able to change to a more portrait photography friendly range of 80mm.
- The EF 85mm f/1.8 USM telephoto lens from Canon is a recommended pick for those looking for an inexpensive lens for their Canon Rebel T3i. This lens was named by many photography sites and enthusiasts as an excellent performer despite its price. They even have gone to say that this performs better than the Canon 85mm f/1.2L II.
- This Canon lens features a bright f/1.8 maximum aperture to enable working in low-light conditions, as well as having greater control over depth of field.
- It is also cable of providing fast, precise, and quiet autofocus with its integrated ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM). The lens can also work with full-time manual focus override.
- For portraits and events photography, this lens enables photographers to work with selective autofocus techniques.
Best Lenses for Canon Rebel T3i for Travel & Landscape
- The EF 17-40mm f/4L USM Ultra Wide Angle is a masterpiece of an accessory for those who want a reasonably priced and capable ultra wide-angle zoom lines for their Canon Rebel T3i. This lens is a favorite among landscape photographers as its wide angles can be used to emphasize an object in the foreground.
- Despite being moderately-priced, this Canon lens comes with a USM Ring to achieve fast, quiet, and accurate focusing. However, it has a limitation – its objective end lens moves slightly during focusing.
- In terms of image quality, this lens can compete with the Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L lens despite their difference in the price range. The EF 16-35mm f/2.8L is priced twice as much as the EF 17-40mm f/4L USM.
- This Canon lens can be best described as a tiny yet super-sharp normal to wide lens. It is a recommended replacement for any 18-55mm zoom. Its form factor is really is selling point as Canon was able to pack in a fast f/2.8 speed and a brighter viewfinder.
- The lens comes with features including a modestly bright f/2.8 maximum aperture that gives more control over depth of field and contributes to the lens’s compact and lightweight.
- It also comes with an STM stepping AF motor to achieve smooth and near-silent autofocus. Its focus can also be manually operated as it comes with a full-time manual focus override.
- Landscape and travel photographers love Canon’s EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Standard Zoom lens. The lens is perfect for traveling as it allows photographers to leave their bag of lenses and tripod at home. The lens offers great stabilization and excellent focal range in a small package.
- This Canon lens features an all-in-one zoom and a 28.8-320mm equivalent zoom covering a versatile wide-angle to telephoto range.
- It is capable of producing images with lower ghosting and flaring due to its Super Spectra coating.
- The lens also comes with a rounded six-blade diaphragm to create bokeh and give photographers control over depth of field.
Best Lenses for Canon EOS Rebel T3i for Nature, Wildlife, Sports & Action
- This offering from Canon is for photographers who want to be closer to their subject without disturbing them.
- It is the first EF-S telephoto lens from the brand to carry the advanced STM technology that features Canon’s optical Image Stabilization technology. This feature allows photographers to capture images in all conditions without the fear of shaky results.
- Canon also included a new lens design for the 55-250mm F4-5.6 STM lens. It has 15 elements arranged in 12 groups, with an improved focusing distance of just 0.85m throughout its zoom range.
- The lens offer an additional zoom range that allows for taking photographs afar, with portraits at 55mm and wildlife at 250mm.
- The EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM US Telephoto Zoom Lens from Canon is part of the brand’s well-known L series of lenses. It offers a versatile zoom range and excellent image quality despite coming in a compact form.
- The lens comes with very smooth zoom and focus rings, which is able to maintain despite changes in its orientation.
- It also comes with a zoom lock switch that is used to prevent gravity- or inertia-extension of the lens when it is not in use. It can also be used when shooting at 70mm.
- This Canon lens was also treated with fluorine anti-smear coating, which is the first time the brand applied such coating to its lens.
- Canon made sure that sports and wildlife photographers will love this lens. The brand ensured that it offers an excellent focal length range in this lens at 400mm.
- Its most polarizing feature is its push/pull zoom mechanism. It takes some time for photographers to get used to this feature. But, its biggest advantage is it allows the photographers’ supporting hand remains centered under the lens at all times.
- Image stabilization is where the lens performs the best. It significantly performed when needed during low light environments.
- Chromatic aberrations is one of its weakness as it is visible especially at wide end of the focal length range. But it is noticeably absent from 135mm through 200mm.
Best Lenses for Canon EOS Rebel T3i for Macro & Close-Up
- The EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM Fixed Lens is described as a true macro optic as it is capable of a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification with a minimum focusing distance of 7.9 inches. It also comes with a 96mm equivalent focal length that makes it ideal for portrait photography.
- The lens also features an Ultrasonic Motor (USM) for faster, quieter autofocus, a rounded seven-blade diaphragm for creating bokeh and control over depth of field, and an internal focusing design for a more responsive focusing performance.
- However, when compared with Canon’s 100mm Macro, it can be a letdown. The only justification for using this lens is when used with a copy stand. With those considered, this lens is recommended for use in general photography and with smaller sensor cameras.
The Importance of Camera Lenses
The camera lens can make or break a photograph. Having the right lens allows the photographer to realize the desired results he envisioned before the shoot. Beginners in the world of photography should know that there are two factors that differentiate a lens from another – focal length and f-stop.
However, a lens is also judged by a lot of factors. Each of these lenses comes with a different optical design, zoom capability, and maximum size of aperture among many others. These unique offering makes them more capable over other lenses. It also makes them an essential for specific types of photography like for portrait, landscape and macro.
What Lenses Work on a Canon T3i?
Given that this is a Canon DSLR, there are a lot of options for any kind of photographer who wants to have the best lenses for Canon Rebel T3i. For those interested in general photography, the Tamron 16-300mm and the Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM are the most recommended. The Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM is considered by many photographers as an essential piece of equipment. It is a must buy if you want something for everyday and portrait photography.
Does STM Lens Work With T3i?
The good news is that it works with the Rebel T3i. The STM lenses are compatible with most of the EOS SLR cameras made by Canon, may it be digital or film.
What is the 24mm lens good for?
The 24mm lens is mostly used by landscape photographers. It is perfect for this kind of photography as this lens allows for immortalizing of wide, epic scenes may it be a cityscape or a mountain, or a vast green field. The 24mm is also preferred as it allows photographers to play with their foreground yet still get that breathtaking view into the distance. It’s one of the best lens for Canon Rebel T3i.
Is the Canon Rebel t3i good for beginners?
Yes. The Rebel T3i is a great camera for those new in photography. This camera is compatible with most of the accessories available for Canon DSLR cameras so newbies will not find it hard to hunt down their much needed equipment.
What is The Best Lens for Canon Rebel T3i?
The Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens is the best performing lens for the Rebel T3i available on the market. It is loved by photographers because of its small form factor, inexpensive price tag and its overall excellent performance. It is the camera lens to get for your Canon Rebel T3i, especially if you are into portrait photography. This is what makes it the best lens for Canon Rebel T3i
For those interested in doing landscape photography, the Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM Ultra Wide Angle Zoom Lens is the one to get. This is described as an essential for every landscape photographer as comes with wide angle lens capable of capturing the foreground while still showcasing the beauty of the background.